SCHOOL’S COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAMME IN EDUCATION
The aim of the school is to bring about the holistic development of each child = this includes not just the scholastic and the co-scholastic domains but also the development of life skills such that the students grow into empathetic and responsible citizens of tomorrow.
The school has a very active community outreach programme wherein the students have been involved in a large number of projects that help uplift the needy and also make a qualitative improvement to society. A few of the programmes have been listed below:
- Literacy drives – students have taken gifts of stationery and reading material to schools for the underprivileged and have spent time in explaining the importance of education to the children there.
- Hygiene drives – under the stewardship of the students’ council, contributory packets of items of personal hygiene were made and distributed amongst children living in JJ colonies.
- World food day – the students collected raw rice under the project ‘One glass of rice’ and made over 200 food packets that were distributed to the needy.
- Warm up a child – donation drives for winter clothes were organised by the children under SCOPE and these were distributed in the local slum.
- Green the environment – under this drive, the students involved the teachers also in a plantation drive around the school.
- Vermi-composting – Project Vermies is the project undertaken by the students to start vermin-composting in the school. The compost created is being used in the school itself.
- Creativity from waste – products made under this project have been sold in the PTM under the school enterprise project. The proceeds of this were used to procure blankets for the needy. The school ground too has been beautified by the students themselves by using old tyres of the school busses.
- Visits to old age homes to spend time with the elderly.