OUTREACH PROGRAMME IN EDUCATION
“Success is not measured by what you have. It’s measured by what you give”
Our school encourages all students to empathize with those who are not so fortunate both physically and financially, by lending a helping hand and serving unconditionally. The School offers various age-appropriate opportunities to students to become active and positive contributors to the community. These opportunities help the students to build a sense of responsibility and sensitivity towards the society. A few of the programmes have been listed below:
- Literacy drives – Students gift stationery and reading material to schools of the underprivileged
- Hygiene drives – Under the stewardship of the Student’s Council, contributory packets of items of personal hygiene are made and distributed amongst the needy children
- Special days – Special Days like Nelson Mandela are celebrated so as to inculcate the value of giving
- Warm up a child – Donation drives for winter clothes are organized by the children under SCOPE
- Green the environment – Plantation drives are organised on regular intervals
- Vermicomposting – Project Vermes is the project undertaken by the students to start vermin-composting in the school. The compost created is being used in the school itself.
- Creativity from waste – Products made under this project are sold in the PTM under the School Enterprise Project. The proceeds of this are used for the charity to the society.
- Visits to old age homes